Research Topic: Real-world Communication
Tobe laboratory at Aoyama Gakuin University is working on Real-world communication including sensor network, computer network, internet of things, and human machine interaction.
Prof. Tobe was the leader of Japan Science and Technology Agency’s research project on advanced integrated sensing technologies from 2006 to 2011.
Professor Yoshito Tobe:
- Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
- Address: 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Chuo-ku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, 252-5258, Japan
- E-mail: yoshito-tobe at rcl-aoyama dot jp
- Short Bio
- Yoshito Tobe is a professor at Aoyama Gakuin University. After he obtained M.E. in electrical engineering from the University of Tokyo in 1986, he had been working on process-control local area networks at Toshiba Corp. until 1997. He obtained M.S.(1992) and Ph.D.(2000) from Carnegie Mellon University and Keio University, respectively. His research ranges from wireless sensor networks to urban-area networks. In 2006, he started a five-year project called OSOITE focusing on urban sensing. He served as a chair of SIGUBI of the Information Processing Soceity of Japan and a co-chair of the steering committee of International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS). He has also served as program chairs and technical program committee members for many sensor-network- and ubiquitous-computing-related conferences including Pervasive 2009.
- Selected Publications
- Shin’ichi Konomi, Niwat Thepvilojanapong, Ryohei Suzuki, Susanna Pirttikangas, Kaoru Sezaki, Yoshito Tobe: Askus: Amplifying Mobile Actions. Pervasive 2009: 202-219
- Yoshito Tobe, Yosuke Tamura, Anastasio Molano, Sourav Ghosh, Hideyuki Tokuda: Achieving Moderate Fairness for UDP Flows by Path-Status Classifcation. LCN 2000: 252-261
- Hideyuki Tokuda, Yoshito Tobe, Stephen T.-C. Chou, José M. F. Moura: Continuous Media Communication with Dynamic QOS Control Using ARTS with an FDDI Network. SIGCOMM 1992: 88-98
Tobe Laboratory, College of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University
5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Chuo-ku, Sagamihara-shi,Kanagawa 252-5258, Japan
502 Room O building, Aoyama Gakuin University Sagamihara Campus
7 minutes’ walk from Fuchinobe Station of the JR Yokohama Line